Are you the QA Developer we're looking for?
We’re looking for an experienced and ambitious QA Engineer who wants to join a fast growing, VC-backed startup in the data visualization and analytics space.
The ideal candidate is an expert developer with 2+ years experience testing SaaS applications. They have a proven track record of testing and shipping production-grade SaaS applications at scale. They are very process and detailed oriented and have worked on a distributed engineering teams.
This is a full-time remote role, with our company base in Toronto, Canada.
We're changing the way that marketers look at data analytics.
Over the past 3 years, Funnelytics has scaled to tens of thousands of users around the world. As we shift towards the mid-market and we look to raise a Series A, we are looking for a QA Engineer to join our team.
What You'll Do
- Log defects and work closely with developers to investigate, troubleshoot and verify defect fixes
- Develop test strategies, test plans/cases, automation scripts (API/UI level scripts), and system configurations to efficiently validate compliance to product design requirements and design guidelines
- Collaborates with other members of their scrum team to deliver value each sprint.
- Manual testing of newly developed features
- Participates planning and exploring solutions providing critical and thoughtful guidance from a QA perspective.
- Work with our product team to provide estimates and guidance
- Proactively analyze risks and plan to mitigate.
- Identify gaps, ensure accuracy and consistency of all documentation.
- Operate with a customer oriented and value-driven mindset
- 2+ years of software test engineering experience including automated and manual testing in a highly scalable SaaS company
- Can learn and understand complex business requirements
- Operates with a growth mindset and demonstrates an appetite for learning about new technologies.
- Takes pride in what they create, is highly accountable, and skilled at creating peer accountability in pursuit of gaining accomplishments and increasing performance.
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic, setting an example for others by proactively tackling challenges, identifying root causes, and implementing solutions.
- Proven track record in testing REST APIs with automation tools such as Postman
- Familiarity with web automation testing tools such as Selenium and Katalon
- Worked with SQL databases, can perform queries and analysis the correctness of data
- Experience working with cloud infrastructure for and Data Analytics platforms.
- Adaptable & can easily embrace change in a fast moving environment, team player, transparent communicator, proactive problem solver, continuously seeks to evolve professionally and personally, sense of pride and ownership in everything they do.
Our Tech Stack
- Resource bank with processes and best practices for the Engineering Team
- An established sprint process and defined roadmap for the next quarter
- Improved operations across the engineering team
- Consistently hitting and surpassing engineering team weekly KPIs
The CREATOR Mindset
Our mantra is the CREATOR mindset, which is an acronym for each of our values –
Customer Centricity, Results, Expression, Adaptability, Transparency, Ownership, and Resiliency
We try and bring this mindset to everything we do in the company.
Everyone on our team feels that they are creators, and it is crucial that anyone who joins Funnelytics does feel a strong connection to each of the values it stands for so we can be connect on a deeper level. It’s a huge reason why we are able to work so well and efficiently together, understand and compliment one anothers strengths, value and respect each others ideas, and be adaptable to change and risk, to name a few. As a result of this- we are able to continue to strive to provide the best value to our customers and stay focused as a team.