About the Job
We’re looking for an experienced and dedicated Senior Engineering Manager to join our team at Funnelytics! The successful candidate will lead development efforts, improve operational efficiency, and manage and scale the engineering team.
What you’ll do
- Strategic project and sprint planning in collaboration with the product and growth teams to define requirements and balance prioritization of work.
- Manage the full lifecycle of engineering projects, ensuring that they fall within budget and on schedule.
- Improve operational efficiencies including identifying problem areas and implementing processes across the team.
- Be the key liaison between the engineering, product, and growth teams to manage cross team dependencies and minimize roadblocks between them.
- Lead with a customer oriented and value-driven mindset
- Manage, mentor, and lead a globally distributed team of engineers
- Support the development and training of engineering team members through regular performance evaluations.
- Frequent 1-on-1 sessions with direct reports to guide performance and career growth.
- Mentoring and coaching to improve software engineering skills/practices, where appropriate.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering or equivalent industry experience.
- 3+ years experience in engineering team management and working with remote teams.
- Experience working in a cloud infrastructure.
- Capable of identifying and recruiting key talent based on staffing requirements.
- Able to communicate effectively in English.
- Adaptable & can easily embrace change in a fast moving environment, team player, transparent communicator, proactive problem solver, continuously seeks to evolve professionally and personally, sense of pride and ownership in everything they do.
Our Tech Stack
- Kinesis + Kinesis Firehose