Acceptable Use Policy
Last updated: May 1, 2018
Funnelytics Inc. (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the http://funnelytics.io website (the “Service”).
Funnelytics is an analytics & feedback service that was designed and built with privacy in mind. We created it to help understand and interpret user behaviour anonymously, without personally identifying individual users.
At Funnelytics we believe we have a responsibility to safeguard privacy and support anonymity in user Funnelytics analysis, so that trust between website/app owners, prospects, and customers can be assured and maintained.
Funnelytics was designed to empower you and your team to build a better experience for your site visitors and customers while still ensuring their right to privacy is respected.
Because of this, all data collected and processed with Funnelytics must solely be used by the site or app owner and not shared with third parties, unless explicit consent has been received from all data parties.
This includes but is not limited to:
- selling or sharing the data with third parties
- marketing automation
- retargeted advertising
Funnelytics’s analytics tools give you an overview of visitor behaviour on your website or app. Getting actionable data-driven insights within Funnelytics does not include revealing who the specific individual is: instead Funnelytics shows you how people use your website or app anonymously as a whole.
To avoid storing unnecessary individual personal data with Funnelytics, we recommend that you suppress all elements that contain personally identifiable information captured in our analytics tools, such as an email capture form or sign-up form fields. You may already store this info in your own systems: Funnelytics does not need to store it as well.
Unless clear and advance consent has been given by the individual or end user, Funnelytics’s analytics tools should not be used to:
- monitor personally identifiable information that would allow you to gain insight into individual visitor behaviour
- pass through any information that would allow for the personal identification of individuals such as user ids, email addresses, IP addresses, etc. using tags
- generate leads or recover people who have dropped off from your funnel
- aid sales teams in understanding actions taken by individuals who can be identified
- capture individuals’ data to proactively reach out to them.
Funnelytics’s feedback tools help you gather feedback to understand user behaviour and improve the experience of visitors to your website or app. They should NOT be used as marketing automation or lead generation tools.
Consent should be obtained from all users providing feedback that contains personally identifiable information. Funnelytics’s feedback tools should not be used to:
- do anything that is not consistent with the user’s advance consent
- add email addresses to newsletters without consent
- sell data captured through the feedback tools without explicit consent that the captured data may be sold
- mislead users in questions asked through Funnelytics’s feedback tools
- inject links or hijack a survey to do things that are not part of the core functionality of Funnelytics’s service
- ask questions about personal or sensitive information that does not comply with the laws of your country
- bully or harass anyone. Violent language and hate speech should never be used.
If you have any further questions related to the acceptable use of our service, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org